You’ve booked the session and you’re in full planning mode! But… what should you wear?
This is one of the most common questions my clients have when they call and the answer is simple: Whatever you want. Seriously. It really IS that simple.
At a minimum, you will need to bring a sexy (and supportive!) black bra and a black thong (yes, even if you don’t regularly wear them). Everything else is icing on the cake.
Are you a fan of sexy bra and panty sets? Bring those! Do you have a collection of lingerie you’ve never actually seen yourself in? It’s time! Are you wanting to break out of your norm and shop? Buy what you FEEL sexy wearing. That’s really what it’s all about – the way you feel. THAT is what will convey in your images.
If you have things you want to conceal, find sexy sets that do that for you. Or bring along sexy fabrics and/or robes.
If you have things you want to flaunt, bring things that assist with showcasing your best assets.
You cannot fail at this – I’ve got you! I’ve done entire sessions with a single panty and bra set. Because when it’s all said and done, it’s all about the posing and the angles. Ladies, I WILL showcase your best angles. It’s that simple.
When you arrive for your appointment, we’ll go through everything you brought and put together three looks for you from what you’ve brought and from what I have available. We will work together to show you that you DO have that sexy chick inside you who CAN bring it when she wants to!
So, what should you wear for your boudoir session?
Whatever you want ;)
You’ve been considering a boudoir session, but there are so many things that make you nervous about it, right? Nervous isn’t such a bad thing… it usually holds hands with excitement!
Knowing more will help you get excited, instead of nervous. Here’s how to rock your session!
1. Trust your Photographer. We will take our time getting to know each other before we ever get near a camera. I need to know you and you need to trust me. This WILL happen. Once you realize it’s just us girls, having a fun day together, it’s easy to relax into it. I won’t ask you to do anything I can’t demonstrate to you, because some people take verbal direction easily, while others need visual instructions – I’m an excellent teacher! We’ve got this!
2. Relax. No, this won’t happen immediately, but when it does… magic happens. The minute you really start to own your session, YOU shine through and so does your sexy! I can pose you all day, but when you start moving your own body, it all comes together flawlessly. Don’t be shy about it – if it feels right, do it. Worst case, it doesn’t look like it feels and you never even have to see it. Culling images is part of what I do – you’ll only ever have to see the gorgeous ones! So if it bends, bend it. If it feels right to run your hand down your face and neck, please, carry on. I may guide you along the way, but if you can relax and truly OWN your session, you will blow your own mind – I promise.
3. GO SHOPPING! For many ladies, a boudoir session is a “once in a lifetime” adventure. Treat yourself. Get some lingerie that makes you feel sexy. It’ll also help you feel prepared for your session.
4. Talk to me. Have an idea? Share it. Want to try a certain pose? Tell me. Have questions? Ask. I am easy to talk to and I will help you see yourself in ways you never imagined. Trust the process. You will walk away feeling like a queen, but you MUST get comfortable talking to me. For those of you who are a little more on the shy side, come meet me in person! Give me a call and we’ll set it up.
5. Prepare. Get a good nights’ sleep. Have a decent breakfast. Wash and dry your hair the night before. Come in with a clean face. I’ve got the rest ;)
Ladies, if you have any questions, always feel free to call me. I’m accessible.
So, what’s stopping you?
What’s stopping you? 12 Reasons to Book a Boudoir Session
Do you love your body? Or do you look in the mirror and see only the flaws?
I’ve struggled my whole life with focusing on the beauty. Ironically, the older I get, the better I am at appreciating the beauty and disregarding the flaws. But that has taken years of conscious effort. My favorite thing about boudoir photography is showing women their beauty… showcasing the raw sexiness that is woman.
But there are PLENTY of reasons to book a boudoir session…